Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Appy Geek App Impressions

Appy Geek is a great app offered by New Republic for anybody who wants to know the latest in tech news. Appy Geek gathers articles from various providers and puts it into categories you create. For instance I have Google, Verizon, Google Nexus, Breaking News, and more all in my front page. I read every day for developing news in the technology world. You can also add your own news sources such as RSS feeds (including this blog) and have all your news in one app. What makes this app unique is that it curates the categories for you and even though a big news item may result in multiple news sources with similar articles it allows you to see the different points of view of different journalists.

I use the app all the time, it is especially good when I need to pass the time while waiting for something or just bored. For AMOLED screen users there is a night mode that will inherently reduce power usage by the screen. I use it on my phone, tablet, and Windows 8.1. The app will send you notifications for breaking news but only about 3-6 times a day depending on what is going on. I recommend this to anybody interested in the latest breaking news in the technology world. Please +1 and share if you liked this article. Comment about other content you'd like to see.

I am starting a new little blurb of short articles about some of my favorite apps that are on my phone and let you know what it does and why it is useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment